It also may seem a tad redundant to put bacon hot sauce in a dish already containing bacon, but sauces made with the Heart of Porcus ingredient base are not mere “bacon flavored sauces.” We’re talking culinary Valhalla here … and that’s not just us saying that; we have heard that, and a hundred or more variations of it, from countless customers worldwide.
But enough with the preamble, let’s get on with it!
- To cook:
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 bottle (2.5 fl.oz) Bacon Taco, by Voodoo Chile Sauces (Buy Here)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded cheese blend (2 cups) … we prefer the 4 and 5 “Mexican” cheese mixes
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained … we typically use RO*TEL brand
- To garnish & serve:
- 2 or more medium red bell peppers, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 or more bags/boxes of tortilla or bagel chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees
- Cook bacon to desired crispness over medium heat.
- Drain bacon on a paper towel, crumble or chop to roughly 1/4″ pieces, setting aside approx. 2 tablespoons to use as garnish.
- Brown ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring regularly, and then drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, tomatoes and crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir parsley into dip. Sprinkle with reserved bacon for garnish.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Serve with bell pepper strips and bagel chips.