One simple ingredient can radically transform the humble, traditional chicken salad. We’ve found that more straightforward cooking methods make for the best chicken meat for this recipe, be it baked, fried, grilled or rotisserie. Smoking tends to throw everything off balance, but that’s a personal preference and opinion. Let us know what you think!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2+ Tbsp Psycho Tropic hot sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, or scallion, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp strained freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, scallions and herbs. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to taste. Add to the chicken and mix gently until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes, in half an avocado or in a chicken club sandwich.
BUY NOW! $6.99 (usually $7.99)
- Single bottle, $6.99 (reg. $7.99)
- 3-pak, $17.99 (reg. $20.97)
- 6-pak, $35.92 (reg. $41.94)
- 12-pak (case) $69.99 (reg. $83.88)